EllRay Jakes the Recess King! (Hardcover)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the EllRay Jakes series.
- #1: EllRay Jakes Is Not a Chicken (Paperback): $5.99
- #2: EllRay Jakes Is a Rock Star (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: Ellray Jakes Walks the Plank (Paperback): $5.99
- #4: Ellray Jakes the Dragon Slayer (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: EllRay Jakes and the Beanstalk (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: EllRay Jakes Is Magic (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: EllRay Jakes Rocks the Holidays! (Paperback): $5.99
- #9: EllRay Jakes Stands Tall (Paperback): $5.99
Eight-year-old EllRay is down to one-and-a-half best friends, which leads his little sister to point out the obvious: he needs new friends. A spare, at least. For emergencies. So EllRay decides to audition other boys for the role of Spare Best Friend.
EllRay’s class is brimming with possibilities, but no one seems to share his exact interests. What’s so great about car parts? And why would anyone think boring instruction manuals are fun to read? But EllRay isn’t worried—he can fix any problems once he gets to know each kid. And the only way to get to know them is to come up with fun things to do at recess. When he’s the Recess King, everyone will want to be his friend!
About the Author
Sally Warner (www.sallywarner.com) has published more than twenty novels for young readers, including the Emma and EllRay Jakes series. She lives in Altadena, California with her husband and their not-so-miniature dachshund, Rocky.
PRAISE FOR THE ELLRAY JAKES SERIES:
“Warner is a dead-on observer of playground politics, and has a great ear for dialogue.”
—School Library Journal
“Ideal for reluctant readers.”
“Young readers can identify with EllRay, who is neither a bad seed nor a goody-two-shoes; he and his sense of humor are just right.”